Thursday 28 July 2011

The Cornish Way Routes 3 and 32

This was to be my second bicycle tour.  This was a supported ride, Jen being my "support".  I took my mountain bike.   April 2011.

First Day, Lands End to Hayle. 23 miles.

This first day was lovely,  there was a strong wind' but as it was from the west it pushed me along at a fair old pace, especially along the sea front a Penzance.  Some lovely views of St Michaels Mount.  Did about three hours riding and spent the night at "The White Hart Hotel", very oldy worldy.

2nd Day  Hayle to King Harry Ferry (almost) 30 miles.

Wet and misty day, which was a pity as I think if I could have seen the views of the old mines around Camborne it would have been great.   As it was I managed to get lost, only realising my mistake when I recognised a cross roads for the second time!  I stoped at the top of the hill leading down to the Ferry,  which was a pity as If I had looked I would have discovered it was not running the following day.

3rd Day King Harry Ferry to St Austell  30 Miles

Very Hilly, and managed to get lost.  However the fishing villages were lovely.  Jen picked me up at the Eden Project.  I was very tired!!




4th Day  St Austell to Hallworthy  35 Miles


Another wonderfully day including Parts of the Camel trail (old railway line) and Bodmin Moor.  I must be getting slightly fit as the route map had a warning of a very steep hill, which I climbed before I realised I had got to it!  Spent the night in Tintagle.

Last day Hallworthy to Bude  15 miles

The final stretch.  Another sunny day.  One can see beyond Bude.

I managed to put on weight during the trip, which must be due to dinners and Breakfasts in hotels.  (And beer and wine).

No comments:

Post a Comment